As one of Sewa International's key focus areas - promoting volunteerism - there is an upcoming volunteering opportunity at Round Rock Area Serving Center.
Reminder to please bring water bottles.
Volunteer Projects for our group might include:
1. Stock food shelves, unload food delivery trucks; put bread on the bread racks in the lobby
2. Help wrap and bag merchandise and assist the cashiers in the clothing store and furniture store; Arrange shelves and put out stock
3. Sort donations of clothing, books and furniture
4. Receive donations and issue receipts to donors; unload and sort donations
5. Maintain cleanliness and safety of the receiving area.
PARKING: This is very important. Make sure you share this with the members of your group
-> Heading east from IH-35 we are located in a two-story brick and stucco building.
-> is available at the Head Start day care facility, which is due west of the Serving Center (there is a vacant lot in between our buildings).
-> PLEASE DO NOT PLAN TO USE THE SERVING CENTER PARKING LOT. WE NEED THESE SPACES FOR OUR CLIENTS.
-> DO NOT PARK IN THE TRINITY CARE CENTER PARKING LOT ACROSS THE STREET. THEY DO TOW CARS
->We have been asked to NOT park in the apartment complex’s lot next door.
Remember to dress comfortably as we have outside activities and inside ones as well. Please remember to wear closed toe shoes.
Contact Saathvik | (315) 751-1059, if you have any questions
from #ServeAustin team - Sewa International Austin chapter