Volunteer Position Summary:
Sewa International Inc. (www.sewausa.org) is a Hindu faith-based nonprofit service organization registered in the US. Founded in 2003, Sewa International is part of a larger movement that started in India in 1989 and is active in twenty countries. Sewa serves humanity irrespective of race, color, religion, gender or nationality.
Sewa, with annual revenues over $5 million and active in 43 US cities, is looking for an experienced person for the position of Grant Specialist. Reporting to the Director of Grants, the selected candidate will be the point of contact to whom the Sewa team will reach out for any grant related activities.
Volunteer Duties Description:
- Research and identify grants that match the objectives of the organization
- Develop proposals, Concept Note, RFI for matching grants
- Coordinate with respect project teams to define/redefine and document project mission and goals
- Work with respective project teams to understand and elicit implementation plan, metrics to be measure, outputs, outcomes, impact budget, budget narrative and resource allocation
- Oversee preparation of grant proposals, conduct a final review of proposals, and ensure timely submission
- Maintain accurate record of past and present grant opportunities, deadlines, grant MOUs and proposals
- Review of final proposal with various stakeholders - project team; Legal & Compliance team
- Follow-up with grant implementing team (internal to Sewa) to ensure timely submission of periodic status and impact reports, pictures and videos as per contractual obligations