Sewa International is a Hindu faith-based, humanitarian, nonprofit service organization registered under Internal Revenue Code 501 (c) (3). Founded in 2003, Sewa International is part of a larger movement that started in India in 1989 and is active in twenty countries. Sewa serves humanity irrespective of race, color, religion, gender or nationality.
We specialize in disaster relief and rehabilitation. Our development programs focus on family services; child, tribal and refugee welfare; women empowerment; health; and education. In addition to our work in the US, we have undertaken development projects in Colombia, Guyana, India, Kenya, Pakistan and Sri Lanka.
Sewa International P.O. Box 820867, Houston, Texas 77282-0867
We aspire to be the pre-eminent, Hindu faith based, humanitarian organization that serves selflessly, and with compassion to create a positive impact. We envision and strive for a world in which all people live in harmony, free from suffering.
Sewa International’s mission is to serve humanity in distress, aid local communities, run developmental projects for the underserved, and assist people in transformational change through the power of innovation by mobilizing partners, donors, and volunteers.
We accomplish this mission by focusing our efforts towards:
1. We believe in the Dharmic principles of “Serving Humanity is Serving Divinity” and “Unity in Diversity.”
2. We believe in service above self.
3. We practice team work and self-reliance.
4. We are proactive and responsive to the needs of society while promoting ‘Self Reliance’ among those who are served.
5. We are pluralistic, trustworthy and transparent.
6. We create a positive impact through operational excellence and customer satisfaction.
7. We respect and safeguard our environment.
8. We value our volunteers, donors and partners.
9. We respect the dignity of every human being, consider humanity as one family (vasudhaiva kutumbakam) while serving them regardless of race, color, religion, nationality, gender, and sexual orientation.
10. We accept and celebrate diversity in people and community, we are sensitive to the cultural backgrounds of people we serve.